Every player’s case will be different but it’s almost certain that your level will have changed!
In general we found:
- The Pro men players are much higher - where they ought to be
- The Pro women players are lower - and are now about right compared to the men
- The better players have generally gone up, partly because the Pro men have gone up but also because the system is more lenient on them giving their lesser opponents ‘a good game’.
- Many of the clubs were too high so they have been lowered accordingly
- The counties were mostly OK because of their size and number of matches but there were some adjustments made.
- Some of the ladies-only leagues were a bit high and have been lowered accordingly
- Some of the crazy levels caused by rogue results (or actual results that were simply mad) have been corrected. Not all, alas.
At a pool level, the changes are mostly around the 5-10% mark though there are some higher than that. At a player level some of the changes are very significant but we’ve studied the biggest movers (both up and down) and believe that they are all more accurate than they were before. Please see the point below if you feel you’ve been hard done by.